Welcome to Language Arts 8!
This year students will be studying a variety of topics within the language arts and literature content area.
Units and Novels of Study:
Daily/practice work will account for 20% of the student's grade
- PIRATES test taking strategies
- Parts of Speech & Grammar (throughout the year)
- Weekly vocabulary units
- Elements of Literature (2nd course)
- Somebody to Lean On
- Scary Stories
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- Surviving Hitler: A Boy in the Nazi Death Camps by Andrea Warren
- "The Diary of Anne Frank" play
- nonfiction (throughout the year)
Assessments (quizzes, tests, projects, writing ) are 80% of the student's grade.
Students will NOT be bringing the textbook home unless they need to finish a missed assignment. Books are kept in the classroom and shared among the students.